┬áFrom past few years, Athletes and exercise junkies have gone furious for protein shakes and supplements all over the world . A protein shake is best of both worlds when it comes to getting protein into your everyday diet and is used by athletes, recreational gym-goers, slimmers and yummy mummies.
Vanity aside, however, protein intake is a significant factor to ruminate when exercising, especially if you are one of those who heads straight to the weights room to bench press your body weight
Our body uses protein to grow and repair muscles. Many people get protein in their diets from things like eggs, chicken, steak etc., but there is a huge benefit to getting extra protein into your diet and this is where protein shakes can help.
Protein shake allows you to consume a high quality fast absorbing protein source without unwanted fats and carbs and without spending a fortune on supermarket bought foods.
Are you confused about protein shakes? Do you find these shakes expensive in the market? DonÔÇÖt you trust on market shakes? If your answer is yes then hold your horses as you surely arenÔÇÖt alone. ItÔÇÖs fiddly to tell whatÔÇÖs healthy to sip and what will lead to a calorie overload. For you, in this blog, we have come up with a complete recipe for healthy homemade protein shakes, these shakes are made with natural ingredients and taste way better than the commercial protein powders. Swipe up for these protein shake recipes.
- Peanut Butter – Banana Shake
This smoothie is a rich source of protein. Use this as your post-workout meal to reap its goodness. HereÔÇÖs how to make it.
- 1 banana, peeled
- 150g low-fat natural yogurt or soya yogurt
- 100ml of semi-skimmed milk or dairy-free milk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ┬¢ tsp cinnamon (or to taste)┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á┬á
How To Prepare :
Simply whiz all the ingredients together in a blender and drink right away!
As ever, remember that a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle will play a massive role in keeping your whole body in tip-top condition ÔÇô these tips are specifically for all you super-sporty foodies who may require a little extra of the good stuff
- Almond-Coconut Protein Shake
Almonds are great sources of protein ÔÇô 20 almonds contain about 5 grams of protein. Milk offers an extra dose of protein and flaxseeds give you your daily dose of omega-3s.
- 20 almonds
- ┬¢ cup unsweetened dried coconut
- 2 ┬¢ cups water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 2 cups milk
How To Prepare :
- Soak the almonds and the dried coconut overnight in water.
- Discard the water in the morning.
- Blend the almonds and coconut until you get a coarse powder.
- Add milk and blend to get a thick, smooth shake.
- Add cinnamon powder, ground flaxseed, and honey. Mix well.
- Serve in a tall glass garnished with a dash of cinnamon powder
3. Chocolate Protein Shake :
This protein shake is ideal for all bitter chocolate lovers. It tastes sweet (but not too sweet) and is aromatic and an instant mood booster. The ingredients make it a good source of protein as well. HereÔÇÖs how to prepare it.
- 1 chopped apple
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon grated dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk
- ┬¢ cup yogurt
- 2 pitted dates
How To Prepare:
- Toss the chopped apple, pitted dates, milk, yogurt, cocoa powder, and almond butter into a blender. Whiz it.
- Pour the thick smoothie into a glass and garnish with grated dark chocolate.
┬á4. Vegan Raspberry┬á-Banana Protein┬áShake :
Antioxidants, protein, calcium, iron, and energy ÔÇô you have everything in this protein shake. A wholesome meal on its own, it is deliciously rich too. HereÔÇÖs how to make it.
- ┬¢ cup raspberries
- 1 medium banana
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- ┬╝ cup water
How To Prepare :
- Add all the ingredients except water to a high-speed blender and puree to a smooth shake.
- Add water to adjust the thickness and pulse for a couple of seconds.
- Chill and enjoy.