Nothing is more beautiful than holding your babe close your bosom. But it’s not only the bonding part that makes this process special.
Based on existing facts, it is best for a mother to breastfeed her baby because of its numerous health benefits. We have always heard how breastfeeding is essential for a baby, yet it’s all the more beneficial for a mom as well.┬á
Benefits of breastfeeding for a mom:
1.┬áBreastfeeding may help you lose pregnancy weight by burning extra calories.
2.┬áBreastfeeding releases oxytocin, a hormone responsible for uterus contractions. It may reduce uterine bleeding after birth┬áand helps the uterus return to its pre-pregnancy size.
3.┬áMothers who breastfeed have a lower risk of depression.
4.┬áBreastfeeding also lowers your risk of breast and ovarian cancer.
5. Lowers the risk of heart diseases and diabetes
Benefits of Breastfeeding for a babe:
1.┬áBreast milk works as the optimal nutrition for babies.
2. Having the right amount of nutrients, it is easily digested.
3. Breast┬ámilk contains important antibodies that help in warding off viruses and other bacterias.
4. It┬áreduces your baby’s risk of many illnesses and diseases such as gut infection, intestinal tissue damage, allergic diseases, SIDS, Respiratory tract infections, Middle ear infections, diabetes, inflammatory bowel disease and childhood leukaemia.┬á
5.┬áBreastfeeding promotes healthy weight gain and helps prevent childhood obesity.
6. It may help in brain development and make your child smarter.
Risks of artificial feeding:
1. More chances of diarrhoea and respiratory infections.┬á
2. A child tends to suffer from malnutrition.
3. Vitamin A deficiency.┬á
4. More allergies and milk intolerance.
5. Increased risk of chronic diseases.┬á
A woman’s breast milk is specifically meant to nourish the health and body of an infant. And the delivery of this milk aids a mother’s health as well.┬áHowever, the rate of breastfeeding is as low as 30% in some groups of women. While some women choose not to breastfeed, other’s are simply not capable of feeding.┬á
If you are a mother, and you are unable to breastfeed your child, a baby formula will provide your babe with all the essential nutrients. But consult your doctor for best practices and advice. YOUR HEALTH MATTERS AND YOUR CHILD’S TOO.